Sunday, February 8, 2015

More Practice

Have I mentioned lately that my horses is awesome? He really is! We jumped again today and he was super good. We did a lot of trotting & cantering single poles and trotted lots of crossrails. Near the end we also cantered over some fences. I've mentioned this before, but the canter is Benny's worst gait. It's steadily improving and today we had some really nice moments. So far (only 2 days in), he's being really good about jumping, not rushing or being naughty after the fence. Roz always rushed and I've had a couple of others who liked to buck after fences. I'd be thrilled if Benny never develops these issues (and I don't think he will). My goal is to be able to take him to a one day horse trial in the spring, competing at intro. It's nice to break up our dressage work and I'm always a fan of cross training. It's been way too long since I've had a jumping horse. I'm excited!



Braided his mane to practice for our horse show in a couple weeks. 

11 comments:

  1. He is so handsome! I can't wait to hear about the horse show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. We try! We can't quite keep up with you and Courage.

      Delete
  3. his braids are adorable!! glad he's enjoying the jumping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought his braids turned out pretty good!

      Delete
  4. Benny looks very proper with his button braids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take such great pictures! I'm glad you have a jumping horse again!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!