Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Shedding

It's that time of year! I know some people who love it when their horse sheds and some who hate it. Personally I love it! It makes grooming so much more satisfying and I love unearthing a beautiful horse from all of that hair. Roz started shedding quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and Emi and Benny are finally getting in on the action too. I can't wait to see how gorgeous all three of them will be when they are sleek with their summer coats. I've also found a new great shedding tool, that I hadn't ever used before last fall. It's a grooming block.  They work great and even Roz, with his thin thoroughbred skin, tolerates it well.  I also love my petite jelly scrubber (way better than the larger size), and the epona shedding flower.

How about you? Are your horses shedding? Love it or hate it? What's your favorite grooming tool for hair removal?

15 comments:

  1. my mare is jusssst starting to - and she grows a pretty thin coat anyway so it's not a ton yet. i love jelly scrubbers and the harder rubber shedding curries too - but my mare disagrees. she only deigns to accept the standard hard plastic curry.... lol. but who knows, maybe she'd like that block too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of mine are shedding yet - probably won't happen until the second or third week of March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shedding time! It means the nasty winter is leaving and I can actually go outside without 3 pairs of pants, two sweaters and a thick coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE shedding. I like the end result, but getting hair all over is no fun. Truth is, that's half the reason I clip. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my grooming block! Mine are shedding like crazy right now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate shedding. I love the results, but not the hair everywhere. Mine started shedding and I'm planning to get the clippers out and shave it all off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you find that their summer coat comes in okay clipping after they've started to shed.

      Delete
  7. Grooming blocks are great! The SnowPony has been shedding since the beginning of January... I'm convinced he just sheds year round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when they start shedding. :D I love grooming though... like seriously it's therapy haha. Nothing beats my regular rubber curry. I love that thing. :) I used a grooming block and shedding blade when I was younger, but I don't remember if I loved them or not lol. I always went back to my rubber curry though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!