Monday, March 9, 2015

Always Learning

Benny and I got to ride with Jessica on Saturday and it was awesome! Benny was super, as usual, and we made a lot of progress from the beginning to the end of our ride.  I again put together a video to give you a glimpse of what we are working on. It was great to get assistance on everything, especially Benny's canter. Now I need to put into practice the new things we learned and be more on top of things all the time. Jessica said he's capable of getting 70% at training level and I want to do it! We also talked about a move up to first level and I think we should be able to do that later on this year. This horse is seriously fun!
We worked really hard on Friday night...not. 
Tired pony when we got home


Also, if any of you are in Oregon and are interested in riding with Jessica or auditing her clinic (May 16th & 17th) let me know. It should be a really fun time.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, how I'm wishing I lived closer and could audit that clinic! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these videos (and wish we were close enough to ride with her)!! that leg yield exercise at canter looks really productive and i definitely want to try it with my mare too haha. Benny is adorable - nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I've seen (or used) the canter leg yield. Who would have thought!?

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a fancy boy! You two make a nice team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The better I ride him the better he goes. Can you believe it? :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a member of the Benny fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are having some REALLY great moments and are getting so much more consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look so awesome!! I'm glad you're having so much fun with him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!