Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Field Trip

Emi went on a field trip to NDF Sunday afternoon. We had a spectacular day. The weather has been super amazing around here and it was the perfect day for an outing. I took her into the barn and tied her in Benny's stall while I cleaned it. All of the time standing tied at home is paying off as she stood nicely while I cleaned, dumped the wheelbarrow and did a couple of other things.



 We played in the arena with her tarp and a saddle. Then I took her walking around a loop near the barn. It's about a mile walk and she was super good. She got a little bit up when a group of geldings came charging over to the fence, but settled back down quickly. I absolutely love how sensible and curious she is. I hope that she continues to be so easy. 




11 comments:

  1. Wow, she is really growing into herself lately! And she appears to have inherited her daddy's butt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she looks quite a bit like Cardi!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and well behaved girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is looking so grown up in those pictures! Gorgeous girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm not sure where the gangly yearling stage is...

      Delete
  4. she looks great in a saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emi is such a good girl!!!!! I think she's going to be super easy to start under saddle. You've done such a great job with her. You have such an advantage with the work and lessons you're doing with Benny too. I hadn't ridden consistently in 5-8 years when I started Chrome under saddle. I was so out of shape and practice and had turned into a big chicken with my time off from riding. It will be a total breeze for you and Emi!! :D I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!