Saturday, March 28, 2015

Open Farm

Today we had our annual open farm. The horses were a big hit, and Liam too! It's really fun to share something I love with people who rarely encounter these kind of things in their normal lives.








Other than farm day it was a pretty quiet week for me. Between a big rain storm at the beginning of the week, to Benny being a little funky on Tuesday, and then me being sick the rest of the week it wasn't a great riding week. Benny is hard to catch occasionally and last Sunday was one of those times. He ran around for over an hour (worst time by far) before I was able to catch him. We put in a fairly hard ride and then he had Monday off work. Tuesday he got his hooves trimmed in the morning and I went back out in the evening to ride him. He didn't feel quite right. At first I thought it might be his trim but the more I thought about it the more I felt like he was probably sore from his antics on Sunday. I would have liked to check him again on Thursday but since I didn't get out there he waited until today. He was totally fine to catch today and felt good under saddle. It's the little things in life!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the open farm sounds like a fun day! hope Benny is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the open farm day went so well. Sorry you were sick and that Benny was sore. I'm glad everyone is all better again. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!