Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transformation Tuesday - Hair Growth

I finished chemo on March 6th, 2013. One of the things that I was very curious about was how long it would take for my hair to grow back out. I was able to find one persons blog post that showed her hair growth after chemo, so I wanted to do my own. I haven't had it cut very much in the last 2 years, just enough to give it a little shape and to get rid of the dry chemo ends. For me, it took nearly 2 years from bald to shoulder length hair
 Meeting a Cardi daughter - April 27th, 2013
Meeting Emi - June 23rd, 2013
After my 1st hair cut - August 10th, 2013

I don't have a good time line for the following photos but I'd say early in 2014, roughly about a year post chemo




Showing Emi, August 2015
October 2015
My most recent hair cut, March 18th, 2015
The more natural (curly) version of my new hair cut

25 comments:

  1. I know it feels good to have it long again! You also rock the pixie cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Such an incredible journey. Glad you're still with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great no matter what the length of your hair is/was. You are also a badass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks. I'm pretty sure you are the first person to call me a badass. :)

      Delete
  4. it looks great! awesome that you documented the whole process too... obviously there are bigger fish to fry when chemo is involved, but my relatives who have gone through it have struggled almost just as much with losing their hair as with the diagnosis. your pictures are great motivation for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's really hard to lose your hair on top of everything else you are dealing with. I'm glad you can share the photos with them.

      Delete
  5. What an awesome post! I love that Emi grows up along the way too. You looked adorable at each stage, btw. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally rock the short hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful at every stage! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely beautiful no matter what! My friend that had chemo said it completely changed the texture (and color) of her hair when it grew back in. Ive always thought that I'd look pretty funny bald- I don't even like myself with a headband or fitted hat on. But I love hats so I imagine I'd go that route! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair came back with a lot more curl than it had before but the color and texture are about the same.

      Delete
  9. Love this post! You look great with your hair short or long, but it's neat to see the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous in all your pictures. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great no matter how long your hair is, but I really do love it when the curls started coming back in. It looks fantastic the way you have it in the last picture. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!