Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bay Ears

It was another super gorgeous day around here; 70 something and sunshine. We hit the trails this afternoon with the two half arabs. Benny started out jumping at everything. I kicked him forward and after about 1/2 a mile he settled in to the ride. Once we crossed the road into the forest he totally relaxed and was happy to walk along. We incorporated some trotting as well and he felt great. Previous rides, when we've trotted up the hills, he has felt really weak behind. Today that was not the case. On our way home we encountered some "scary" cows and had a bit of a meltdown. After letting him stand and look for a minute he was totally fine and walked by with out an issue. I guess you can't ever be too careful!
I love the view between bay ears!
2 of the 3 half arabs at our barn

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pair of equines and their ladies! Lance saw cows for the first time the other day, too. SCARY! I will do a post on it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And you've got to watch for those cows. :)

      Delete
  2. Don't you know, cows are aliens that eat horses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad he's feeling more powerful behind! sounds like a good ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are good looking arabs! I might need an arab cross next time. Sturdy. Move nice. And lots of spunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have never been an arab person but they really aren't too bad. :) Although when they are naughty I'm the first to blame the arab. Haha.

      Delete
  5. I love that last picture. The horses are posing perfectly hehe. :D Normally at least one ear is back!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!