Monday, May 11, 2015

Mane Problems

Emi has had a wild mane her whole life. Not only is it super thick, but it wants to flop all over the place. I always thought she'd look cute/sporty with a shorter mane, but I let it grow long to see if the weight would keep it laying on one side. Despite my best efforts taming/training it was not getting much better. 



I finally got tired of the mess and took the scissors to it, since there is no way she's going to stand for actual mane pulling. That's a very rude practice! I like the shorter look and it's a bit more manageable.


I was recently messing with it and decided to see if it wanted to lay on the other side. Wouldn't you know that must have been what it wanted the whole time! It still flops to the other side a little bit but it's way better than it used to be. Now I can't wait to see her with an adorable set of button braids!


9 comments:

  1. that's definitely a LOT of hair! looks good shorter tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance's mane lays left, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always taught it's not the "correct" side...but who cares!?

      Delete
  3. Yikes! Sometimes when I see all you with your pony manes I am very thankful for my thin TB manes. I like it short though. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thin TB mane is great but I have to say I love the thick cob tail. You just can't have it all. :)

      Delete
  4. She's certainly got enough hair to go around! But I think the look suits her :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little envious of how thick it is, but kind of glad Chrome's is thin... that probably makes no sense haha! I like it short. It's weird seeing it on the left, but whatever makes her happy lol. I was always taught that the mane should be on the left for western and on the right for english, but I really don't think it matters at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!