Thursday, July 16, 2015

Progress Report

You know what the great thing about showing is? It can be a super progress report/check in for where you are at and what you need to be working on. The judge called me out on helping Benny out more at the canter, and I experimented with that tonight. I think I've been too focused on pushing him forward and then staying out of his way, rather than really trying to assist him. Tonight I asked him to allow me input and control over what he did with his body, particularly in the downward transitions. I was pleased with how he responded and the quality of work we were able to achieve. Getting him moving forward off my leg has definitely helped us the last couple of rides. Pairing that with a more proactive ride at the canter really made a difference. Hopefully we don't lose all this progress while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!