Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bad Habits

I have decided to kick a couple of bad habits this coming year. One is my tendency to slouch. I watched all of these beautiful riders at Rebecca and one of the things they had in common was their nice straight back. At this point it's really a bad habit and one that I need to focus on correcting. The other thing that I do is that I tend to tip my chin down. These are both corrections I can easily make when I'm thinking about it, but if I get too focused on something else I revert to my old habits. What bad habits do you have?

Slouchy shoulders...ugh!

13 comments:

  1. I love to lean forward. I hear 'sit up straight' from my trainer All. The. Time. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a struggle! At least we can all relate. :)

      Delete
  2. I do this funky bend with my left wrist when I release. It is super special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that's hard to remember to fix!

      Delete
  3. My wrists break, I forget to hold the outside rein steady, and I will sometimes slouch a little. I mean, it feels unnatural to stick my chest out like, "Hey, look at what I've got going on right here!" But I recently when to PT at my chiropractors and they gave me some exercise ball exercises to do that will strengthen those muscles whose names I don't know that hold my shoulders back. Have I done them yet on my own. . . well that's another story. But I am on vacation so I have a partially good excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree that it feels unnatural to stick your chest out!

      Delete
  4. I do all the things wrong. Lean forward, weird hand things, chair seat, etc. One thing I do is tip my head down even if I am actually looking forward. So I'll get the comment to look forward and I'm like, I am. But I don't look like I am so I know I'd get docked for that at a show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I do both of those. Working on it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep this is on my list too... it's so hard!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!