Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Another Gold Star

Benny got to go on his first beach adventure Sunday afternoon, and he received another gold star. Although I thought he would be good, he exceeded my expectations. This horse continues to impress me! 

He came off the trailer totally chill, stood quietly while we tacked up, and calmly headed out towards the beach. Once on the beach he was taking a hard look at the footing. Sea shells, seaweed, wet sand, dry sand, oh my! He stopped looking quite so hard once we picked up a trot.


We had been out for a while when Tarra asked if I was interested in getting him in to the water. I told her no...and rethought my decision about 2 minutes later. Why not give it a try? He was pretty good about following Mystic in, but he had no interest in going in by himself. 

We headed back to the trailer for the camera and when we returned to the beach Benny was much more relaxed than the first time around. At this point Tarra was on foot and apparently that was invitation for people stopping her to talk. Benny and I rode on ahead and then would circle back around. Benny was fantastic about heading down the beach by himself. We also played in the water and he was going in pretty easily, even with out Mystic's lead. 

We found a less crowded portion of the beach and took some photos. I wanted some photos to add to Benny's sale album and Tarra wanted sunset photos with Mystic. Check them out. I'd say they all turned out well. At this point I had been riding Benny for a 2+ hours and he was starting to get tired. In hindsight I think his photos would have been better earlier on in our ride, when he was a bit more animated. 










Happy horses and happy girls after another fun beach adventure. You've got to love good horses! 

11 comments:

  1. The canter photos are all marvelous! I honestly don't know how you'll be able to sell Benny; he is SUCH a good boy! Tell Tarra I miss her posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's awesome. If you have any friends that will be horse shopping in the spring...send them my way!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos!!! Looks like it was a marvelous evening!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. We'll have to do it again when you return!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos!!! Looks like it was a marvelous evening!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are amazing. Tara is making me want a fluffy pony, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos turned out so well!! and Benny is just the coolest little guy - i would totally snatch him up if i could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just keep drooling on my keyboard over these photos. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!!!! So jealous of people who get to ride on the beach. I want to sooooo bad! Benny looks fabulous, but Mystic in the sunset is just jaw dropping. So gorgeous! I wish you could have gotten sunset pictures of Benny too, but I know there just isn't enough time. Maybe Emi will be able to do that one day. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!