Thursday, September 10, 2015

Equestrian Apps

I have one specific equestrian app on my iPhone and that is the smartpak blanketing app. I don't always follow it, but it's fun to see what they recommend. It's also good source to check the weather. Believe it or not, we are heading in to blanketing season.  

In case you were wondering, Emi is now wearing a size 75". Where'd my baby go!? 
For trail riding I like to have something that will track distance, speed etc. I have been using Map My Run which was working well for a while.  In the past 6 months or so it has been taking forever to load, and shuts down when I'm about a mile in to a ride. I thought perhaps it was a service issue but it happens regardless of where I ride.  I can re-open it and it's still tracking, but the time/distance doesn't ever seem correct. So....I'm on the search for something else.

What equestrian apps do you use? Do you have one that is a must have?

6 comments:

  1. I've used a few different apps for tracking trail rides, and my favorite so far is Endomondo. It seems the most accurate and reliable. It chews through battery life, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use equitrack occasionally. it's not free and sometimes has gps glitches, but i kinda love how you can keep records for different specific horses and see the history over time. i wrote a little bit about it here: http://fraidycateventing.blogspot.com/2014/12/tracking-apps-for-riding.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't fathom blanketing right now as it's been close to 100 the last few days. But I might try the SmartPak one this winter. My hubby uses Map My Ride for mountain biking. I've thought of trying it for trails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't fathom blanketing right now as it's been close to 100 the last few days. But I might try the SmartPak one this winter. My hubby uses Map My Ride for mountain biking. I've thought of trying it for trails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SmartBlanket! I also use the general SmartPak app, FEI's CleanSport and EQStable

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!