Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I'm Happy - A Review

About a year and a half ago I purchased one of the SmartPak Indestructible blankets (original review here). Roz wore it all last winter but near the end he ripped a quarter sized hole in the tail flap, a few smaller holes on the body of the blanket, along with pulling a section of the piping off. I used it the rest of the winter and washed it up this summer before contacting Smartpak regarding the return. They asked me which blanket it was (I have another one for Benny in a different size) and said they would make a note on my account. They told me to send it back using any return label I had laying around for them, or that they could send me a label if I didn't have one. As it turned out I had just received an order from them and so I had a label and even a great box to use.


I'm not sure the exact day that I shipped my blanket back to SmartPak but I received confirmation that they received it on August 27th. I arrived home last night to a brand new rain sheet. How cool is that!? SmartPak recently came out with a high neck version of the blanket and I'm interested in purchasing that in a medium weight for Roz.

The only issue I foresee is that a few week turn around in the middle of the winter could be an issue. I suspect you could probably order and pay for a new blanket and then return your old one for a refund. Benny is turned out in a group of geldings who are notorious for ripping blankets. I'll be interested to see how his holds up since he didn't get his until late in the season last year (after going through two others). Yet again I'd give SmartPak two thumbs up!

9 comments:

  1. I actually really like my smartpak blankets (I have two), but the multi-week turn around sounds annoying. Here's to Courage not destroying either one this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I do think you'd be better off to order a new one and then return the old one for a credit. Otherwise it could really suck in the winter!

      Delete
  2. I love the indestructible blanket, only one Carlos did not destroy. I am very lucky that Ramone is gentle on them. Hoping Roz can keep his intact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! He's not normally too hard on them so my fingers are crossed that the new one will last a bit longer.

      Delete
  3. Oooo that's really good to know, I need to get the baby horse a blanket for this winter when he inevitably destroys his hand-me-down blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used sheets in the winter, mostly to keep my stabled horse cleaner to reduce grooming time. I can buy 3-5 inexpensive sheets for the price of a lightweight SmartPak Indestructible Blanket, but would buy the SmartPak one if cash flow wasn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I have gone the cheaper route for a while but finally splurged. I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant this as a reply to you, Michelle. Apparently I selected the wrong option!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!