Monday, September 14, 2015

On the Buckle

Benny continues to become a better and better trail horse. Saturday we hauled out to Chip Ross Park, which is about 20 minutes from where we board.  Benny and I spent a good portion of the ride on the buckle, in the lead. He cruised happily along and was also content to be in the middle or back of the pack. The trail was hilly but other than that it wasn't too challenging. We did have to cross one wooden bridge that Benny wasn't sure about. The buckskin, Scotty, led across it and Benny followed. On the way back we were still following Scotty but Benny felt much more relaxed going over it a second time. He also loaded beautifully both times, which is something we've been working on. I'm so thankful for this horse, he's fun!







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics as always. A good trail horse is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for a horse like Benny (or for Chrome to be like him... I know he will with experience, but it's taking forever because I don't have time to ride consistently)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!