Thursday, October 15, 2015

Learning is Fun

I did not particularly enjoy going to school. My parents always told us what a privilege it was to get an education but at the time I really didn't buy it. As I've gotten older and (thankfully) finished school, I've found that I enjoy learning more than ever before. I'm sure a part of that is because I'm able to learn about things that I'm specifically interested in but I also think that the older you are the more you realize how little you actually know!

Since I've started back in regular lessons I'm really enjoying the chance to continue learning.  I'm sure you have all experienced the surprised look people give you when riding lessons come up. More than once I've received the question "I thought you knew how to ride?" Little do they know how complex it is! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to grow in my own riding knowledge and I love how the pieces continue to come together.

Not only did we have a good lesson Tuesday night but I was able to re-create the feeling again last night, as I was working on my own. It's especially rewarding when you know you are on the right track. I look forward to seeing what new piece of the puzzle we are able to address in my next lesson. How about you, is learning fun?

7 comments:

  1. lol i'm pretty much a lesson junkie. nothing feels quite as good as that light bulb moment when a concept makes sense and the horse is suddenly going so much better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lessons. I've started explaining to non-equestrians that I have training sessions with a trainer. This is a concept they can understand. I get the same "don't you know how to ride" from anyone whom I tell I have a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am a teacher because I always loved school and learning. And yes, people do comment with that, "You still need lessons?" bit. If only they knew. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am a teacher because I always loved school and learning. And yes, people do comment with that, "You still need lessons?" bit. If only they knew. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE learning (if I'm interested in the subject)! That's why I have so many hobbies lol. There is nothing like trying new things and learning about all of them.... now if only I had more time to enjoy them and work on them... *pout*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!