Thursday, October 22, 2015

No Stirrup November

It's a little early but I'm seriously considering participating in No Stirrup November. Last year I had only had Benny for about a month and wasn't ready to commit to working with out stirrups. This time around I could see it being beneficial for us, specifically for my position. I have a couple of hesitations, the first being that I have a show the first weekend of November. Due to that, I wouldn't start until the second week. My other issue is that it's going to make for shorter rides (or more walk/canter work). Benny's got a great trot but it's super bouncy. I can ride just fine with out stirrups for a little while but when I start getting tired things fall apart.  My other thought it that I may just commit to doing some work with out stirrups every ride. Is anyone else thinking of doing it? What makes you hesitate?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely I love doing No Stirrup November. You could just drop your Irons for a a couple minutes of each gait and then pick them back up, generally increasing your time without them as the month goes on, culminating with you taking them off completely the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do NSN. I will be using stirrups for lessons and shows though. Because I'm not paying good money to bounce around. I can do that at home on my own time. I'm looking forward to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do it last year either since Knight was so new to me and green. I might try it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't do it last year either since Knight was so new to me and green. I might try it a little.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!