Monday, October 12, 2015

What's the Plan?

You may be wondering what my long term plan is with three horses. Although I'd love to keep all three...reality is that with a full time job and the goal of competing I don't have the time, energy, or money to do three horses well. My current situation has been working out alright since I don't ride either Emi or Roz, but once Emi is started there is no way I can do justice to both her and Benny.


Since I don't have time for everyone I plan to list Benny up for sale in April. I'm open to selling him sooner but I don't plan to officially list him until that point. At the end of April there is a sport horse arabian show that that I'd love to take him to. That's currently the extent of my plans with him other than continuing to take lessons and to compete in our league final show. It's a weird place to be, and I think it's made even more strange since I really really like him. It would be one thing if I didn't care for him but that's not true. Isn't that life? So often we have to choose between two good things.



As far as Emi goes, I'm not in any rush to start her and will happily continue to ride Benny until he sells. Emi turns three near the end of June and I hope to have a low key summer of riding with her. It's so crazy to think that a year from now she will be my riding horse...she has no idea how much her life will soon be changing!

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's sad about Benny, but the excitement of riding Emi will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful problem to have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I've definitely been in worse situations.

      Delete
  3. Hard choices, but like you said it's kind of neat to be choosing between two great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've done so much good for Benny - sad that you can't keep him, but he's sure to find an excellent home. so exciting that Emi's riding time is coming so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope he finds a fantastic place.

      Delete
  5. I think Emi will like her future career and be damn good at it. I will admit though, I am going to miss that Benny face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Emi does like her work...and I'll miss Benny too!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great plan, you will do so awesome with Emi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too bad, but three horses is a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!