Friday, November 13, 2015

A Year Ago

Believe it or not it has been a year since Emi's colic episode. We have yet to experience the same sort of cold weather episode that brought that on...although I'm prepared for it. My bucket heater is on hand and her blanket is washed and ready to go. The rain started about a week ago and they have been locked off the pasture since then. Emi's hives are rapidly clearing up which makes me a happy camper.



I washed her tail and hind socks on Wednesday afternoon and took the opportunity to measure her. She's currently a hair shy of 14.1hh. I think she looks especially well balanced right now. I'm curious to see how much more she will grow and change in the coming years.

9 comments:

  1. She is just stunning! She really never went through the ugly duckling phase. I'm not sure about her lines, but Connor's breeder always says they grow 'up' until they're about 5, and they grow out until they're six. I can't imagine either one with her though, she already looks so mature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's interesting on the growth. It will be fun to see what she ends up doing...I agree she hasn't ever been really awkward; Cindy predicted that she wouldn't.

      Delete
  2. wow crazy to think it's already been a year! hopefully there will be no repeats this season

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty girl! I love her wavy tail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Her tail is naturally in ringlets....her momma has the exact same curly tail.

      Delete
  4. Someone is well fed 😜

    Our babies are growing up!!! She looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes. No lack of food here. :)

      They are growing up fast. I'm looking forward to riding her.

      Delete
  5. She already looks so mature, but trust me she will change a lot! I thought Chrome was done growing and would never change, but boy did he! Between 4 and six he got so much wider (not belly, that's always wide haha), but through his shoulders and haunches. He doesn't feel so narrow anymore. :)

    Have you thought about spraying the pasture or something before they go out on it again so maybe you can kill off whatever is causing the hives? Like with GrazeOn?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!