Sunday, November 1, 2015

Falling Back...Ugh

Can we collectively whine about the time change?! The fall time change is one of my least favorite times of the year. Not only are the days getting shorter but it has started to rain. Even though I know we need the rain, the mud (along with the darkness) sure make life more difficult. 

Benny had mud in his forelock, forehead and years. I'm not sure how he managed that. 
The horses will soon be locked off of the pasture which also complicates life. On a normal morning I currently put Emi out in the field with her small helping of grain and a pile of hay. Roz stays locked in the paddock with his large helping of grain. Before leaving for work I go back out to turn Roz out in the pasture. This keeps me from standing around while he eats. This program has been working great. For the winter I plan to tie Emi up as soon as she finishes her grain. Not only will this keep her out of Roz's food but it is also good for her patience...I just need to get up earlier in the morning. 


Roz has been getting more muddy by the day. I knocked the worst of it off tonight and put his brand new blanket on. Now we just need to make it to the winter equinox and then the spring time change. Spring...longer days, green grass, dapples, shedding, horse shows, foals and time to start the baby girl. I can't wait!

11 comments:

  1. ugh yea.... let the countdown for spring begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that....

      Delete
  3. I know we need the rain, but I was still unhappy to be slipping through the mud this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm normally sad about the time change, but this year it's been so hot and so dry I have actually looked forward to the cooler temperatures and more darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm normally sad about the time change, but this year it's been so hot and so dry I have actually looked forward to the cooler temperatures and more darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with ou there - the time change sucks :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the darkness plus a week solid of rain here and we are all in a funk. Truly hard to get motivated about riding. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!