Monday, November 16, 2015

Mountain Trail Adventures

Benny and I went to the mountain trail course on Saturday. He loaded like a dream both times and I can tell that hauling is becoming much more routine for him. It's amazing the difference that practice can make. 

Unlike our trip last year, I didn't spend any time leading Benny through the trail course. I hopped on and warmed him up in an adjoining arena for about 20 minutes before heading in to the trail ring. He was overwhelmed to start and I gave him a few minutes to look before asking him to navigate the obstacles. The longer we worked the more confident he became. Bridges, water, narrow trails with rocks and logs, you name it and we did it. It was so fun. He confirmed what I already knew...he's a great trail horse! I enjoyed watching the video when I returned home because he has such a cute expression. I'm so thankful to have him. 














15 comments:

  1. This course looks so fun! I wish we had something like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun! I think this was my third time taking a horse. I'll definitely go back.

      Delete
  2. He's so good at that! It looks like a ton of fun that my horse would not really want to participate in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww he is such a good boy!!! i want to do that soooo badly haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go there and do that course. It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience! Such a willing boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does this cost? (Comparing to Perrydale.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $25 for an hour and then $15 an hour after that.

      Delete
  7. That looks like so much fun!! I wish we had something like it around here!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!