Monday, December 14, 2015

Baby Teeth

Emi lost her first baby tooth! I've been watching them and could see that they were getting close to coming out. A few nights ago I peeked in her mouth and saw that she had finally lost one of them. I looked again on Sunday night and her adult tooth had come in so much in just a couple of days. It will be interesting to see how quickly her other baby tooth comes out. I was looking up some information regarding horses baby teeth and here's what I found. 

"The central upper and lower incisors are the first to go when the young horse reaches about 2 1/2 years of age; the intermediate incisors will be lost at about 3 1/2 years, and the corner incisors at about 4 1/2 years." 

She's right on track as she will be 2.5 on the 20th. Where has the time gone?!

Our first Christmas, December 2013

5 comments:

  1. Annie is my first "baby horse" and she cribs so I freaked out when I saw what I thought was a broken tooth. I'm pretty sure my vet thinks I'm a dummie after he checked it and told me she's just getting her adult teeth haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo. . . are you going to put the tooth under her pillow so the Tooth Fairy can bring her a nice surprise? Did you even find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...I didn't find it (although that would have been cool).

      Delete
  3. I have two of Chrome's caps! They got stuck so when he was floated the vet pulled them for me and gave them to me. :) The whole baby tooth thing was an interesting first experience for me hehe. I love it. Reading about Emi makes me reminisce about when Chrome was a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!