Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Looking Ahead

I have many plans and goals for 2016 although we all know the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray. 

The two biggest plans:

1) Sell Benny - I plan to list him in March. It's crazy to think that I only have 2 more months with him before that time. 

2) Start Emi - I'm beyond excited for this one. This one hinges on when I sell Benny. Most likely we will start having training sessions with KB in March or April. Once her ground work is complete we'll begin riding. 


From baby girl to big girl. How did that happen so fast!? 
Beyond "start Emi" I have a whole other subset of plans for her. Once Benny sells she'll take his spot at NDF. Besides the first four months of her life this will be the first time I'm not taking care of her morning and night. It's going to be strange (and a little sad) to not have her at home anymore but she will be in excellent hands. Poor Rozzy Ridge is also going to be sad. 

If all is going well with her training we have a show on the calendar for the beginning of August. It's the Oregon Welsh show that will be held less than an hour away from where we live. I'd love to be able to show her in the walk/trot riding classes. I feel like that's a reasonable goal although we have a lot to get done in the next 9 months. 

We are also going to work on her driving training and possibly have her pulling a cart by the end of the year. This one is the most tentative since I have no driving experience and would have to get a cart and everything to make this one happen. The thing I do like about this goal is it would help us have some variety in our work which I think would be good. 

No matter what actually happens (or what the time frame is) there are sure to be a lot of changes in 2016. I'm so excited!!!

10 comments:

  1. That is SO exciting! Welsh Cobs are so easy to break, you're going to have a great time. I've done one, and I've seen Lisa's daughter and TJ Clibbon do all of theirs, and most of them just turn around and sniff your foot once you're up, as if to say "Hmm...you're in a new place. Cool." Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I hope she's easy! I think she will be to.

      Delete
  2. Wait, I missed something. Why are you selling Benny?

    And very exciting getting Emi started under saddle. I'm excited to read about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't have time for two riding horses. It was always the plan to sell Benny when Emi was being started...it has just come up quickly.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I know Emi is going to be a little star! I will miss seeing that Benny face, but I am sure you will find him an excellent home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope she is a little star. It's going to be fun!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it's already time to start backing her! It seems like she was just a tiny foal last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Big exciting changes for 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg it's crazy to think it's already getting to be that time for Emi! it'll be sad to see Benny go too, but he's turned into such a nice horse he'll undoubtedly find a great home easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year is going to be so exciting for you two! I've been wondering what you're going to do with Roz. Is he going to be alone? I wish you could bring Benny home to keep Roz company, but after all the work you've put into him I know you won't want to watch him sit unused. I still think you're going to want to have a second horse to ride for a while because those first baby horse rides are so short. Anyway, I was just curious about Roz. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!