Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Reality

Winter is definitely the time when it's most difficult for me to feel motivated to ride. It isn't that I don't want to ride it's just hard to get up for it after work when it's usually dark, cold and rainy. Because of this the last couple of weeks have been fairly low key. On Saturday a friend asked how Benny has been. My first response was good, followed by confessing my riding scheduled for the past week.

Sunday: Trail ride
Monday: Day off
Tuesday: Light bareback ride
Wednesday: Day off
Thursday: Light ride (walking only)
Friday: Trail ride
Saturday: Normal ride

Since then I rode again on Sunday, he had Monday off and we had a lesson on Tuesday. This evening was another regularly scheduled ride and he was awesome! I have to repost this photo that I saw on Karen's blog (Bakersfield Dressage).


I think most of us can totally relate to this. It's nice to know we are all in the same boat together. I told KB on Tuesday night that although I feel like our progress is slow we are actually way better off than we were even a couple of months ago. In hindsight, our progress may not be so slow after all! Despite the winter conditions I'm feeling re-energized and ready to continue working hard to see additional progress before the spring.

13 comments:

  1. That is legit a timeline of my life. Fo sho

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep i totally relate to that chart haha. and you and Benny really have done so much this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find easy weeks like that usually help solidify concepts for both of us by easing off the pressure. :-) It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. It's good to take the pressure off every once in a while...I just don't want to take it off for too long and quite making progress.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really is. Vet school is probably like this too. :)

      Delete
  5. Even if I had functioning horses I would not be getting much done in the winter. It's just a bad time of year to try to ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Oregon has pretty decent weather. It was 50 degrees and raining tonight, which isn't bad at all when you have an indoor arena.

      Delete
  6. I have NO motivation whatsoever in the winter. If it's dark, cloudy and overcast I just want to stay in bed under my electric blanket. Vitamin d deficiency sucks. I've had to work on every sunny day it seems like... *pout*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!