Friday, January 29, 2016

Silence

I've been a little quiet lately...there hasn't been much going on. It seems like we are in a bit of a holding pattern as I prepare to list Benny and start Emi. My rides on Benny have been really good.

Last night we taped his sale video and I had a really good ride. Our transitions are improving immensely as is the connection. This has led to some real progress in the leg yields and canter work. In our lesson with KB on Tuesday we added more difficulty to the counter canter work we have been doing. Up until now we had just been counter cantering the shallow loop from first level. Tuesday we changed it up so that we were cantering across the diagonal, counter cantering the short side and then going back across the diagonal. Benny was a rockstar!

After the dressage portion of our video I switched over to my close contact saddle and a kimberwick to show Benny more like an Arab on the hunter circuit. It was fun to play around and we had some pretty nice moments. If someone wanted to focus on that with him and polish up the skills they would require I think he could do well. Now I need to put my video together and list him for sale. How'd that come up so fast!?

Safe, sane and sound. What's not to love?

4 comments:

  1. Funny how time flies! Glad he's being such a good pony :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy it is to play hunters once the horse is trained to dressage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we get to see his sales video?? I hope he finds a great home.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!