Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Possibilities

The past two days I got to spend some time riding with Jessica Wisdom. I had ridden with her a few times in the spring and am really impressed with her ability to teach. I won 2 lessons at a silent auction a few months ago and so Monday morning we loaded up all three members of the half Arab club and headed for Washington.


Benny was a doll (as usual). He traveled like a champ and never put a foot wrong. My biggest takeaway was that I need to be asking for more. More connection to the hind legs and more commitment to being in front of my leg. I ride him like a training level horse but he's capable of more and so am I. We had some lovely work in both the trot and canter and have plans to ride with Jessica again the first weekend in February. I'll share some video from Tuesday once I get a chance to put something together. 


Today I had the pleasure of riding an adorable Arabian that has been shown to 3rd/4th level. Jessica said that I'm a good rider but have no idea what is possible (I agree). He wasn't easy for me but we did get some nice work. It's amazing how focused I have to stay because the moment I went on cruise control things started to fall apart. He also had a tremendous amount of power that I'm not used to.  Do you want to know the most exciting part about my lesson? Jessica said that next time she's going to have me ride Cardi....as in Emi's dad!!! I'm ecstatic about that possibility and if it all works out I think that will be one of my lifetime highlights. 

21 comments:

  1. Whaaaaaaaaaat that's so amazing!!!!! What a cool opportunity! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man that would be amazing!! definitely get pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool opportunities – all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I've been planning on eventually riding with her because I've heard good things, but first I have to find the time to ride on my own. Can't wait to hear about when you get to ride Cardi, that'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Fingers crossed you get to ride Cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go! So very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a total dream come true if I could ride Chrome's dad, but I've been too chicken to ask lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!