Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Horse Selling Part 2

Benny had his second set of shoppers come on Monday. From our initial communication I knew she was looking for a horse to do low level dressage, trails and at liberty work. She wasn't concerned about his catching issue and all seemed to be lining up pretty well. That was before she got there and told me she hadn't ridden in 13 months. She got on after I put him through his paces. After walking for a few minutes she trotted about one lap around the arena before saying his trot was too big and forward for her. Now my co-workers/horse friends are joking that I must be spectacular rider to be able to ride that trot. Haha. Trust me, it's not true.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Horse Selling, taking place on Friday.

16 comments:

  1. It's funny I always thought horse buying in itself was a chronicle, but horse selling is another can of worms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buyers falsely advertising themselves are almost as bad as horse sellers doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This exactly. I doesn't matter if the seller accurately represents the horse if the buyer doesn't do the same.

      Delete
  3. i feel like i shouldn't giggle, but it's kinda funny. maybe you need to add 'big expressive gaits' to his ad? lol... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say that you should probably add something like "big gaits" to his ad, but my guess is that people who think they can try a horse after not riding for 13 months aren't going to care that you put that in the ad anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! The funny part is she asked me how is gaits were as we walked over to the arena. I said he had a big bouncy trot and she said something like, of course, I could tell that from the video! Haha.

      Delete
  5. I hope the next trial goes a lot better! I hear you on the weird stuff though, I feel like for every 10 enquiries I get for Ginger, 5 I know aren't going to work just from email/phone calls. The other 5 arrange visits, and maybe 2 actually show up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are so funny. Hope the next person can ride the trot haha

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!