Sunday, February 28, 2016

Horse Selling Part - 4

When I left off Benny had just had a discouraging pre-purchase exam. Wednesday I took him to veterinary clinic that specializes in lameness....and they said he's not lame. The buyer is still interested and would like radiographs of his front feet. If those check out then he is sold.

In the mean time I have continued to ride him and we have been having fabulous rides! I had been feeling un-motivated but a good lesson on Tuesday night got me back in the groove. KB asked if we wanted to learn something new and I said yes! We introduced shoulder-in, haunches-in and haunches-out. We did a rough version of all three with instructions to continue working on them.

As the week has progressed I have woven those movements into our rides and they are getting better. Not only that, but I can feel Benny becoming more adjustable and supple. It's incredible to think of the progress we have made in 1 year. We are actually starting to dance together and it's such an awesome feeling.
I'm going to miss this beautiful sweet boy when he is gone.


10 comments:

  1. I hope things go well with the X-rays and the sale goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the X-rays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good luck with the X-Rays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things went well with the vet and hoping the radiographs are clean and the sale is made :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it went well! Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's weird, but a sound horse is always a good thing! Hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Odd, but still a good thing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to hear that he's deemed sound by the vet - hopefully the buyers take him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to miss him too. He sounds like so much fun. I hope the sale was a success!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!