Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Transformation Tuesday

One item that has been hanging out on my to do list was to tackle Emi's mane. I let it grow through out the winter but I actually really dislike it long. Not only does it make her look like a dumpy pony but it's an overwhelming amount of hair. 

Friday I got a cool new mane tool that came highly recommended by a friend. Between that and my thinning scissors I got her mane under control in short order. I do think that I could make it a bit thinner and shorter...but I didn't want to get too crazy with it. 

So, what do you think of the new look? 


8 comments:

  1. It looks great!! I need to do this to my pony, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I've been tempted to pull Nibbles' mane - it's so thick and can be a beast. But being an Arabian (of sorts as a Shagya anyway), I'm nervous she'll look wonky... plus I'm a boss with a running braid but haven't done button braids since I was a teenager.
    Rebecca (backinthetack.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that tool! I love it! Only I got the tail rake instead of the mane. I'll pull manes, but I don't like pulling tails. Maybe because I can get a mane done quickly, where the tail is a hair by hair hours long story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so grown up! Both my girls have short manes too - I feel like our Welshies have such nice necks it's a shame not to show them off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks terrific. I love the idea of that comb. I shall have to see if I can find it here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's always a super cutie to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great!!! I wish Chrome had half her mane, but with his sweet itch it's impossible to grow out. Oh well. I'm glad he's adorable in a Mohawk hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!