Sunday, March 27, 2016

Riding Again

It's been a little over two weeks since Benny left which is how long it has been since I've ridden. Yesterday I got the opportunity to ride one of KB's school horses; a 25 year old TB gelding. Copper is straight forward and fun to ride. After my time on him I got to ride another one of KB's horses....and I'm so sore today! I cannot believe how quickly I got out of riding shape. I'm sore through my legs, my back and my abs. Unbelievable!

I rode Copper again today and I'm so happy to be back in the saddle. Not only do I want to be ready to ride Emi but my lesson with Cardi is (hopefully) coming up in a couple of months. I don't want to be out of shape when I get the opportunity to ride my favorite horse!  

6 comments:

  1. There's something about sitting in the saddle again after some time away. I always have this sense of 'home' when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are able to get on some lesson horses :) keep you limber for Emi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm ceaselessly amazed by how sore i can be from riding haha - time off or no time off. but it's definitely worse with time off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so handy to keep fit and ride different horses. I felt so much more relaxed on my young horses because I'd been riding like 5 different horses regularly (after only riding one horse for over years).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you still have the opportunity to ride. :D I was worried when Benny left that you wouldn't have anyone to ride. I can't wait until your lesson on Cardi. I'm so excited for you. That would be a dream come true to get to ride Chrome's sire. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!