Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wild Child

I know you are probably beginning to wonder if Emi is perfect... she's not. Although she's generally super good she can have her wild child moments. Tonight was one of those nights. I brought her in from the pasture and she was wound up! Dancing around, bumping into the wall and whinnying for anyone who would listen. It was definitely not a good sign. I proceeded to groom her and tack her up and was debating whether or not I should skip her bridle since she was being a nut. I did decide to give bridling a try and it we didn't have a problem. 

We headed over to the arena to get to work. She was a little less attentive in her ground work than normal but was actually pretty good lunging. She really does well when she's given a job to do. When we finished with our 20 minutes of work we headed back over to the barn. I was curious to see if she would be more settled and she was completely back to normal. I spent some extra time grooming her, trimmed her tail and worked on her mane. I'm not sure what caused her to be so worked up. She got new pasture mates this week so she may be feeling herd bound. It was also dinner time, it had started raining this evening and she was all wet and she'd had two days off work. Any/all of those things could have contributed to her worked up self. I'm happy it didn't impact her work too much and that she regained her brain once we were done. 

Look at that face...does she look like she'd be naughty? 
Nice and calm after putting in some work
A trimmed up mane
The sweet girl before I left for the night

13 comments:

  1. Ms Emi sounds very mature for her age :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable!! Baby moments lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. It's easy to forget she's only a kid because she's normally great.

      Delete
  3. She is just so cute, love that forelock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg growing up Emi is so adorable. Can't believe she's in training for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I can't believe it either. The time flew by!

      Delete
  5. She still sounds pretty-near perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She really is (in my opinion).

      Delete
  6. I just want to squish that nose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all have their days. Just a baby thing hehe. :D I'm glad she works out of it and settles down. She's a good girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!