Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Full Circle

We had our 10th lesson tonight and it included Emi's first ride!!! True to form, she was not disturbed by the turn of events. She was definitely fairly clueless as to what in the world we were doing but she didn't think to do anything naughty. I have to say I love this horse so much. She has been so easy! I know part of that is her breeding but I'd like to think that part of it is our relationship. I know on my end she seems really easy because I trust her a lot.

KB gets after me, usually once per lesson, about something that I'm not doing in the safest manner. Of course my first response is always that Emi's not going to do anything. Now I know any horse can do anything but realistically I trust Emi quite a bit and don't expect a crazy reaction from her about things. 

I lunged her for a few minutes before our lesson and when KB arrived we long lined before I climb aboard. My dad came up to watch our maiden voyage as did my friend Chantelle. They were joined by the other two members of the half-arab club, April and Melissa. It was fun to have them share in such an exciting moment. 

It's amazing to look back at where we started and to see this come a full circle. 

It crazy to think it all started with the dream of a girl receiving chemo to own a "Cardi baby."


To the little bay filly she met at 3 days old.


To a mostly grown up bay mare. 


Pinch me...I must be dreaming. I smiled from ear to ear my whole 10 minute ride. It was amazing! 





For those of you interested in the three minute version of our first ride.




42 comments:

  1. Hi there. I don't think I've ever commented here before, but I've followed for a while now. So glad your little mare is working out the way you want.Congrats on that first ride. Wishing you two all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting (and reading). :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! How exciting for such a long planned event to happen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled for you, Alanna – for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats! Wow, three years has flown by and I'm so glad that we got to share this moment with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time really has flown. Thanks for following along and sharing in my joy.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting moment! First of many, many rides to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful and exciting in so many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting!! Congratulations on your first ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome I am so happy for/with you :) YAY Emi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting, and really no surprise she took it like a champ. She is the coolest fluffy baby ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been impatiently waiting for this moment, so I can't even imagine how you must feel! What a beautiful and smart girl too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so excited looking forward to this.

      Delete
  12. So sweet! Congrats on your first ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!! So exciting that you were able to get your first ride in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squeeee!! Good girl Emi. Nice job all involved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! There is nothing quite like that first ride. You and Emi are such a good match.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! You look great up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a little big on her but I'm hoping she'll grow some more. :)

      Delete
  17. Eeeeeee baby got backed!!!!! So exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congradulations!!! She looks absolutely wonderful!! Awesome first ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! She looks absolutely wonderful!! Awesome first ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!!! She handled it like a pro. Such a good girl. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!