Sunday, May 1, 2016

Continued Progress

I've had a great week with Miss Em. Thursday was a lesson night and we introduced lunging with both side reins. Although she wasn't so sure she could go forward wearing two side reins she was well behaved and didn't break out over the new pressure. I love that (so far) she's very accepting of pressure. It makes life so much easier!!!

Saturday we changed it up and went out on a trail walk. She was super and I think the transition to me riding her on the trails should be quite easy.


She's better to walk than my dog!
Today we went back to arena work with some more lunging. She was fabulous! Her canter transitions are improving a lot and the lunging in general is much less green. 


Speaking of green, I'm riding a new horse of KB's, Luna. Luna is totally broke but still fairly green. It's nice to have the chance to ride something baby like since that's where I'm heading with Emi. I love how rewarding a green horse is since your expectations are generally lower. Yah for riding opportunities, sunny weekends and lots of Rolex coverage to watch! 

12 comments:

  1. Your sure have a great little girl there :) working with young horses is definitely rewarding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems like such a quick study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is. It really helps that she is not bothered by too much.

      Delete
  3. She looks so smart in purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be seeing her in it a lot.

      Delete
  4. When Kate, her daughter and I pulled into Willamette Mission Park to ride yesterday afternoon, a trio of ladies and their BIG Welsh cobs were untacking. You and Emi should have come joined the cob get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emi is transitioning into a riding horse so smoothly. The time you have put into her is really paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're still getting to ride. That helps so much when starting a young horse.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!