Sunday, June 12, 2016

Pony Love

Yesterday I visited Emi's breeder, her mom and her yearling brother, Georgio. How cute is he!? He's like a Barbie horse with that beautiful blond mane. He actually looks a lot like their mom while Emi took more after Cardi. 


Emi continues to do well with her training. Since I last wrote we've completed rides 6 and 7. She continues to be a good girl. Intermixed with the riding we've continued to lunge, long line and ground drive. We've also added an event to our calendar...a poker ride in about a month.  It should be a fun outing with her. 

Today I lunged her for about 10 minutes before our ride and I was struck by how grown up she's lunging these days. I took her down to lunge in the "spooky" end of the arena. I don't normally lunge her down there and realized that it would be smart of me to do so. We long lined at that end on Friday and then today she went down there and worked with out issue. She's a smart girl! 

After our ride today I took her hand walking around the hay fields. She hadn't been out there before but true to form she was totally chill about the adventure. She was just happy that I let her stop and eat for a couple of minutes. 




8 comments:

  1. Georgio – what a perfect name for a flashy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's basically a trail ride. You have different check points where you get a card. You turn in your cards at the end for a chance at prizes!

      Delete
  3. Are you going to ride in the poker ride or hand walk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to do both. I'll probably hand walk to start but I will ride too.

      Delete
  4. I have forelock envy. Such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Isn't it cute!? Roz has the most wimpy forelock around.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!