Sunday, July 31, 2016

Go, Pony. Go!

I'm way behind on my blogging. Miss Em continues to do well. I was gone most of the week last week and returned on Thursday, with a lesson that evening. The temperatures were in the mid 90's and when I received a call from KB, about an hour before my lesson, I expected she may be canceling. Instead she told me that one of her other lessons had cancelled so if I could move up 30 minutes that would be great.  I snagged Emi out of the field and got her ready quickly. 10 minutes of lunging and then KB arrived so I climbed aboard.

Emi was great, although on the lazy side. She's getting more forward but is still not going enough. We practiced some transitions, working to get her moving forward promptly. I'm pretty sure I was working harder than she was...I got her to canter on my own but after she broke a few times KB put us back on the lunge line for our canter work. Of course there is more work to do, but I was pleased that I was able to pull her out after 4 days off work and not have any problems. I'm missing our lesson this week due to another commitment but we'll be back at it next Tuesday.


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Yay Em sounds like she's growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are my favorites. So glad you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm beyond pleased to have her.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!