Monday, September 5, 2016

Beachin'

So...this happened. 

I've been planning a beach ride, with Tarra, for a little while now. We were finally able to coordinate our schedules and headed off this morning. I had checked the tide and the weather and all looked good. We arrived to sunny skies and no wind!

Emi trouped through the trails to the beach and once we were out there she took the lead and sauntered along. She was so calm and good! Mystic is limited to walk work at the moment so we walked about an hour down the beach before turning back. On the way back Emi and I broke off for a few minutes and did some trotting and a tiny bit of cantering. I should have done that before I'd been riding for an hour as I think she was a little tired at that point.





We had several chances to go through various pools of water and also went into the ocean a little bit. She was really good about it. The first 3-4 times she thought about stopping to paw (maybe to roll) but I'm getting a bit more wise and I kept her feet moving. By the end of the morning she was seeking out the pools of water and stomping right on through.


It was seriously the perfect day and so much fun to share it with Emi, Tarra and Mystic.


I'm pretty sure Emi's going to be glad that I'm going back to work tomorrow...I bet she's ready for a break!

14 comments:

  1. Fun to see the two of you on your ponies! Hope Mystic is okay. I AM seriously jealous, not just of the beach ride, but also about how good Emi was about the ocean. Lance is still leery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I am so jealous of your beautiful sandy beaches! We have rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very fortunate to live where we do.

      Delete
  3. Always so jealous of your beach rides! May this be the first of many for you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is the first of many. If you ever make it out to Oregon you can come ride on the beach with us! :)

      Delete
  4. So jealous! It's been way too long since I've had a beach day. Looks like you found the perfect day to go weather-wise, what beach did you guys go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was fantastic!!! We went to South Jetty.

      Delete
  5. So fun! A beach ride is on my bucket list big time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hands down my favorite place to ride. I hope you get to do it some day.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!