Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Discipline

We have reached that time of year again....the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder (and sometimes wetter). Although I do enjoy the crisp air, the changing leaves, and everything pumpkin, I just can't get excited for the coming of winter.

Last night it was getting dark outside as I headed up to the barn. I had the heater on in my car and just wanted to return home to curl up on the couch. Spurred on by my new favorite quote:

"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most. "

I chose to ride Miss Em. I've found that I never regret riding and as soon as I started grooming her I was glad that I had chosen to go ride. I know there will be many days in the coming months when I'm just not feeling it, but those nights will be worth it in the spring and summer when all of the fun riding adventures come our way. Who else finds the winter months to be very un-motivating? 

And really...who doesn't want to hang out with an adorable pony like that? 

22 comments:

  1. In the summer, I get tired of my limited riding options around the hill since I can't school in my arena. In the winter I can school in the arena which is a welcome change . . . for awhile. Having an indoor arena would be loverly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I'm spoiled with access to an indoor and really shouldn't complain.

      Delete
  2. Yup, always no regrets about riding :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate winter, too! I'm trying to enjoy the heck out of this fall and do all the fun pony things while I can, so that I'm ready for a break come December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to remember that quote when I decide to eat half a pan of cookies! I love your pony in her pink boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good message, and the one I needed to read to day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having just an outdoor to ride in, I am super motivated to ride every day that I can for now because Winter...

    Pink Boots!!! My pony does need those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we have an indoor.

      The boots are from Riding Warehouse.

      Delete
  7. I get terribly unmotivated in the winter- outdoor arena with poor lighting and terrible footing, plus getting off work after dark. This winter, I'm leasing a horse and have him at a barn with an indoor, so I'm pretty excited about that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read about it...hint hint. :)

      Delete
  8. That's a great quote. And feel free to send that pony my way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sharing the pony...only the quote! :)

      Delete
  9. It's still like 50 billion degrees here but I definitely do not look forward to winter. I like that quote though!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!