Monday, October 17, 2016

EcoLicious Equestrian - A Review

I logged on to SmartPak recently and was pleasantly surprised that they are now carrying EcoLicious Equestrian products. I first found their products on closeout at Riding Warehouse. I was intrigued by the fact that their label reads "100% naturally derived, human grade ingredients. 100% free of Nasty Chemicals, Silicones & Parabens." Any product I'm putting on my horses I'm also getting on myself, so I'm happy to find things that I feel good about. It's a Canadian company and the products were not that easy to find from stores in the US. 

I absolutely love the Mane and Tail Conditioner. This product ranks at the very top of my favorite bath time products. It works like magic in Emi's super thick tail and once it has been washed and conditioned I can comb it out easily with out putting any other products in this. I personally feel like it performs much better than the Equifuse Creme Conditioner and I'm definitely ordering another bottle as soon as I finish the first one. 

I have not been impressed with the Moisture Maniac spray...I think it almost makes them feel sticky. 

I have mixed feelings on the Mane Setting Cream. I have used it in place of QuickBraid and I do think it works well but it almost makes the hair seem a little slick when you first apply it. The last time I braided Emi I used QuickBraid on her mane and Mane Setting Cream on her forelock. That seemed to work well and her forelock went up very nicely. Plus it brushes out well and isn't super crunchy. 

Finally I do have their lotion (for people) and I really like it as well. Plus all of their products smell amazing!

Now that SmartPak is carrying these products I'd really like to try the EcoLicious Squeaky Green & Clean ShampooEcoLicious De-Stress Intensive Restructuring & Conditioning Treatment for Mane & Tails and the EcoLicious Blinded by the White Total Body Whitening Treatment. Next time I make a SmartPak order I may need to add one of these products to my shopping cart. 

Have any of you tried any of the EcoLicious products? 



13 comments:

  1. I've been pretty interested in their products but have not had the opportunity to try them. I've really liked the Equifuse line, and if you say the conditioner is even better, that makes me very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to report back on what you think.

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of them. Usually I struggle with getting American products here so I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the De-Stress and the Blinded by the White is great if you only have a small amount of white. It takes a fair bit of product to achieve the results and since the recommendation is putting it on dry it just doesn't stretch. Which makes it expensive to use on greys and pintos.

    My favourite product from them was the Comfort Me healing balm, seriously that shit is magic. Unfortunately you can't seem to get it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information. Since Emi only has hind socks I suspect the whitener would be okay for that.

      Delete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about EcoLicious products! I might have to toss a bottle of the mane and tail conditioner in my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought some from Smartpak and I'm excited to try it! I just got the Whitener, but I also want to try the detangler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to report back regarding what you think of the whitener.

      Delete
  6. I do love a good hair product! I'll have to throw a bottle in with my next Smartpak order...

    p.s. Canter mane and tail spray is hands down the best detangler I've used on Tony. Not sticky or slippery, and doesn't attract dust. Highly recommend for hairy critters ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I've tried the Canter Mane and Tail Spray and did like it. :)

      Delete
  7. We have a bottle of the shampoo and it's amazing! I want to wash my own hair with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!