Sunday, October 30, 2016

Fall Trails

Friday morning I found out that my Saturday plans were cancelled. With my morning free and a good weather report I texted Melissa to see if she'd be up for a trail ride. After a little bit of discussion regarding where we should go, we settled on a time and place. 


Emi and I hadn't really been out on the trails since I took her to the beach the beginning of September and I was thrilled to be heading out. We hauled to a new location (for me) although it actually connects to Chip Ross Park, a location we have been at a few times. Melissa warned me that we would have to walk on the road for about 400 years from the parking lot to the forest entrance. 


Upon our arrival we quickly tacked up before heading up the road. As we were walking I had to tell Melissa yet again how pleased I am with Emi. Here she was fresh off the trailer, hiking up a road, on a loose lead. Did I mention I hadn't ridden her since Tuesday? 

The entrance to the forest was super busy with 20+ runners all stretching. Emi was wide eyed as we made our way through the crowd. Once we were a "safe" distance away I mounted up. Emi was definitely up and kept breaking in to a trot to stay close to Scotty. Less than a mile out she settled in and we had a lovely ride through the woods. 


We trotted part of the hilly trail in the above photo and Emi did great. She kept up with her half-arab counterpart and seemed to enjoy the excursion. Since I hadn't been out on her for a while it was interesting to feel how much more trained she is getting. Her response to all of my aids continues to improve and the whole ride was a lot of fun. 

9 comments:

  1. What a good pony. That trail looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect time for trail rides -- I'm so glad you guys got out and about and that Emi continues to be the best baby pony ever <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so thrilled with her.

      Delete
  3. I would trail ride more if i had amazing trails like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed to live near a University "research forest."

      Delete
  4. She is so cool and I love your trails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she's cool too! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!