Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Worth a Shot

I've mentioned that Emi has been a stinker lately...tonight she tried out some bronco moves! Thankfully I was not unseated and I kicked her on as soon as she stopped. If I had been thinking a little more quickly I would have kicked her forward while she was broncing. As it was she came to a halt and then I kicked her back into gear. I put her back into the canter and we cantered both ways before calling it a night. I think she surprised herself (and me too)! It was definitely worth a shot, I'm just hopeful it was a one time experiment. Haha. The adventures in colt starting continue.


11 comments:

  1. Good for you for riding it out. Could her saddle be pinching? Or is it just green horse blues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so...her saddle seems good. I think it's just the green horse blues. Work is becoming more like work. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Yeah for staying on and kicking on! Fergie's only bronc moves (so far!) somersaulted me over her head onto my head - first fall for me ever also. It can happen so quickly with Cobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First fall ever!? That's amazing. I have fallen off more times than I can keep track of.

      Delete
  3. I have been there with Roscoe and luckily stayed on. Fortunately, they seem to run out of steam quickly, too much work for them. Comrade bucked a lot when his saddle did not fit well, which is another problem with growing babies. Bravo for making her move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I like the running out of steam issue with the cobs. So nice.

      Delete
  4. Aren't babies fun? Something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, Emi! Keep your four hooves on the floor! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naughty experimenting, pony!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!