Wednesday, December 21, 2016

10 Questions for December

Thanks to L. Williams for the questions! 

Does your horse need shoes? Neither Emi or Roz wear shoes. Emi has fabulous cob feet and shouldn't need shoes. I do put front hoof boots on her when I'm taking her on rocky trails.

Roz wore shoes when he was in work but now that he's a pasture pet he goes barefoot. 


Hoof boots on!

What do you think of the barefoot vs shoes debate?
 I think it's unnecessary. Due to the many factors involved, some horses need them, some don't due.

Favorite season for riding? Spring and summer! I love the long days and all of the activities that take place during those seasons. 





How many shows do you think you’ve gone to?
 Lots! I've only done one USEA event, and the rest of the shows that I have done have been unrecognized. Emi and I are going to change that. 



Roz and I at our one and only recognized event

Do you consider yourself a good rider?
 Yes, I think I'm a good rider. I could definitely be a better and more effective rider...so that's what we are working towards. 



One of my favorite riding photos

How experienced do you think someone needs to be to own a horse?
This is a hard one to answer. If you have a lot of support from knowledgeable people I think you can get by with less experience. If not you are going to learn through the school of hard knocks. I think taking lesson (maybe leasing) and learning as much as you can prior to owning is the best way to go. 


Have you ever gotten into a fight with your trainer? No, I've quit riding with trainers but never gotten into a fight.

Describe your dream horse. Emi 





More seriously, I've always wanted a bay with 4 white socks and a blaze. Now, I'm less interested in the chrome and more interested in a fun and willing partner, regardless of the package they come in. 

Does anyone in your family ride? Not really. My mom and dad have both ridden at various times in their life but I'm the only real horse nut.

If you could ride any horse in the world, which one would it be? Why? Since' I've already ridden Cardi I can't use that again here. I don't think I have another specific horse that tops my list. I'd love to ride another Grand Prix horse and I'd specifically like to ride a line of tempi changes. 




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Emi is your dream horse! <3
    And I'm so jealous that you got to ride Cardi! What a dream boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have your dream horse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beach picture! Wow! And good for you for having not one, but TWO barefoot horses. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!