Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Family Reunion

Emi and Roz have been re-united. I’m in the process of moving, so Roz has moved to NDF for the next month or so. He’s on pasture board since there’s isn’t actually a stall open for him. In the morning I put him in Emi’s stall, to eat his grain. The first morning I brought him into the barn (she was still in her stall as I planned to swap them right there). She was so excited to see him and almost ran me over when I opened her stall door.  There was no squealing, ear pinning, or anything else just arched necks and sniffing each other. It was as if they were both saying “I wondered what happened to you.”  Talk about cute! As the week went on there has a been a little less enthusiasm but you can tell they know each other.




Yesterday I decided to take advantage of having him at the barn and took him for a ride. Emi’s saddle fits him well so that was an added bonus. I hopped on him in the arena and off he went. We trotted around a little bit but that was the extent of our arena riding. He felt decent and I was happy with that. I then opened the gate and we went for a walk down the barn driveway. Roz loves to “trail ride” so he was marching along with his ears up. It was so nice to be on his back and going for a ride. I’m hoping to get out on him at least once a week. I think he enjoys it as much as I do. 



1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!