Sunday, February 26, 2017

A New Farm

We have moved! There is a lot of work to do around the new farm but it will be really lovely when it's done. It's got a very cool older barn that is not currently set up for horses. It's got a lovely sheet-rocked room in the middle of the barn which will be my tack room. It currently has several spots that they were framing in (mostly for what appear to be bathrooms), perhaps planning to turn it in to a living space. 
This photo is from when we looked at the farm

The barn was full of cool stuff when we looked at it. The owner did leave some stuff behind so we've had some barn clean up to do before starting to renovate. 
The below photos are all since we have moved in. 


A cool cabinet that was left behind. I've moved it in to my tack room. 

The loft
The clean up crew has been hard at work. 
 We will be putting in an outdoor arena this summer and Emi will get to live here. Last weekend Roz and Liam (the mini donkey) moved here. I'm looking forward to having all of my critters back home. 

Exploring our new home over the weekend
The pasture (and future site of an arena)

The view from my living room
What will be my tack room
Seriously adorable
SaveSave

26 comments:

  1. Oh, come on! I want the whole story! How did you come to own such a beautiful farm at such a tender age??? How many acres? Tell us more about your home! Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a family partnership...6 acres. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Michelle! WE need details!
    It looks beautiful- congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Also, moar Liam photos. So freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, Liam is darling. You will definitely be seeing more photos of him.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! What a cool barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh congrats!!! It looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely. I'm so happy!

      Delete
  6. So awesome! Definitely please do a full barn tour when you can too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. We need lights. I'll definitely need some before/after photos.

      Delete
  7. THIS is what I dream of <3

    So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!